Happy 4th of July. Time to get all patriotic, as I deliver you a compilation of revolutionary (literally) quotes:
- Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. ~Thomas Paine
- Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed – else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Those who won our independence believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty. ~Louis D. Brandeis
- Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.
- “The greatest lesson we can learn from the past. . . is that freedom is at the core of every successful nation in the world.”
- My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson
Freedom is not… forcing consumerism on a people and then telling them “oh, it’s only a tax/penalty.” Something tells me that would be blasphemic in the eyes of the Founders.